It is important for students, as they progress through this program, to learn from those currently working in health care.
For this assignment, students will interview a healthcare professional. It is important that you start a search for potential candidates to interview at the beginning of the course as many healthcare professionals have limited availability due to their schedules. It is recommended that upon finding a candidate for the interview you schedule a meeting a few weeks in advance. You may complete the interview face to-face, over the phone, or through e-mail correspondence if necessary.
Identify at least 10 questions around governmental policy that are critical to understanding current and future issues in specific delivery settings. Refine your questions so that they are relevant to the person or policy that the interview is based on. Conduct the interview at the agreed-upon time in a professional manner. Below are some example questions that you may use.
- What is the primary purpose of this Policy?
- How does it impact your facility specifically?
- When was this policy adopted into your facility?
- How do you see this policy changing in the future as we move forward with the Health Care Reform?
- How does this policy currently impact patient outcomes? Will it in the future?
- Do you see this policy changing how it impacts patients by 2025?
- Who regulates this policy?
- Is this a state or federal mandate that resulted in this policy?
- What would you say is the largest challenge you currently face with this policy?
- Can you explain how I would see this policy in my area of interest? What should I be prepared for in relation to this policy?
After you have completed the interview, write a 750-1,000-word paper that summarizes your findings.